Sunday, April 28, 2013

"My Family Is"

This is scrapbook page I made a few years back.

The pictures were taken at my parents 50th wedding anniversary party in 2006.

My Mother had passed away 6 months later that same year.





The top left picture is my parents with us three children and spouses, 6 grandchildren, and 1 great grandchild.
Since then, 1 more great grandchild has been added.

The top right picture is my sister and her husband.

The lower left is my brother and his wife.


The lower right is my son and daughter.


With Mother's day coming up, I just want to say...I miss the daily phone calls with my mom, even if we had nothing to say but "hello". 
But on a more happier note...Since we siblings do not live near each other, my sister and I talk almost daily, and we also sometimes have nothing to say but "hello" too! Although she hangs up on me nearly every time. She claims her phone is so old that it won't hold a charge! 

On the other hand, my brother dislikes talking on the phone, but that's okay with us.
I 'bug' him with texts & emails, that he usually don't respond to! 
His answer to that is "You didn't ask a question!" 
But that's okay, Glenn, I forgive your minor idiosyncrasies :) 

Don't get me wrong, we are a very loving family and humor is just one ingredient of the recipe that makes this family's love so strong!


"A Family Is"

A Family is a love like no other
They allow us mistakes and little faux pas
They embrace our differences
And all the likenesses we share

And in our times of need
They are our rock for us to stand
But most of all
A Family is a love like no other

Author: Misti Williams Houk




Happy Crafting!
TTFN!


aka The Rebel Blogger

2 comments:

  1. I see you are getting sentimental ...lol j/k I miss your mom too. We talked a lot and she always made me laugh. :) I miss my mom too and my dad also. I dont have the same close knit family you do but that is why we have other people in our life..Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and accurate description!

    ReplyDelete

Cindy's Paper Creation Popular Posts That Might Interest You