Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Live Simply


I was enjoying a beautiful sunny, breezy spring afternoon. 
Relaxing outside on my favorite chair. 
And as I sat there, with the aftermath of Oklahoma still fresh in my mind also.

Looking at this decorative flag in my yard ...I started contemplating those two words on the flag
'Live Simply'. 




What does 'Live Simply' mean to me?

I believe everyone interprets those words differently but here's how I see it:
It means limiting the 'wants' in life and recognizing the 'needs'. I realized I can survive without the 'wants', I am still waking up everyday, and okay without it. 

Being 'unplugged'...not totally but maybe more so than the majority of the world. I don't feel the need to have the latest and greatest gadgets.

I also believe it means living in the moment and focusing on one thing at a time rather than trying to concentrate on multiple things at once. 
I now know how to slow down, enjoy the color of the sky or the simplicity of the birds song and smell the roses. 

I have learned the art of appreciation. Instead of seeing the glass half empty, I try to see the glass half full.
  



"Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God" -- Ronald Reagan




Be Thankful and Enjoy the Simple Things!!

What does 'Live Simply' mean to you?



aka The Rebel Blogger




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cindy's Paper Creation Popular Posts That Might Interest You