Wednesday, January 29, 2014

1958 ~ Mom, Dad & Me

Vintage or shabby, or a little of both...
Not sure what style you would categorize this scrapbook layout I created.

My son posted on Facebook family photos of mine that I had forgotten all about
I had assumed all those pics were still neatly and safely tucked away in a box!
He has acquired quite a few of those older family photos, or shall I say snatched them up while I wasn't looking!!

Anyhow...I decided to print some of those forgotten photos and scrapbook them. 
Then I recently found a bargain on Tim Holtz French Industrial 12x12 Paper Stash and could not pass it up. 

This paper collection has ornate writings, vintage ephemera, European imagery, old photographs and a touch of steam punk! 
The nostalgic color palette is perfect for the distressed vintage, or the shabby look. 

This French Industrial Collection is some what out of my comfort zone but I am always challenging myself and thought they were perfect for this photo taken in 1958 of my mother & father and me. 

vintage scrapbooking layout



While I was distressing the paper, I did a boo boo, making a larger tear than I had in mind, so I just went with it and made a couple more!
The clock was fussy cut from Authentique Cherish Collection
All the paper edges, photo and embellishments were inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.




 











The flowers and crocheted doily are from Prima Madeline Love Note Collection and were topped off  with a Tim Holtz Idea-ology button
I found the ivory battenburg lace doily in my mother's sewing stash (after she passed away)




















 



I dyed seam binding with strong coffee then created a multi loop bow and finished it with a Graphic 45 metal brad
The wood veneer embellishment is from Studio Calico. and I attached a metal heart key from my stash and a Tim Holtz chain tassel.
I used a Distress Marker in black soot for the pointing finger/hand from Tim Holtz Visual Artistry GRUNGE CIRQUE Cling Stamp Set 



So, what do you think....is it vintage, shabby or both?



TTFN !

HAPPY CRAFTING.....



aka, The Rebel Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cindy's Paper Creation Popular Posts That Might Interest You