Monday, January 20, 2014

The Rebel Blogger With A Recipe!

Well, Cindy's Paper Creation is 1 year old! 
According to my stats...it's not good, in fact, I am not liked at all  :(
And I have no one to blame but MOI !!


I have broken all the rules...
I'm thinking maybe I should change my title to 
' The Rebel Blogger ' ! 

They say - blog quantity -
I don't post daily, I wear at least a couple other hats during the day!
To become a daily blogger, would mean also finding the time and energy level to create, because I enjoy and savor the time spent while in the creative process!

They say - blog quality -

What really is quality? 
Every blogger and reader has their own perception of quality.

They say - pick a niche and stick with that niche only -

I say I have more than one niche that I definitely will share.
I wish to write a personal thought/journal here also, done it!

And I certainly don't want to add another blog or two. More stress, goodness gracious !! 

Maybe, just maybe, if I followed through with their every advice and then some.

Plus I don't own a die cut machine for all those wonderful metal dies. I don't own a Silhouette. I don't own a ton of stamps and inks. I don't own Copics or Spectrum Noirs and the list could go on!
I did get the opportunity many years ago to purchase a Cricut and have accrued 10 cartridges. 

My point being, I don't have the resources to make my creative process smoother or the variety broader... but I think I do quite alright with what I have obtained!

And guess what...
I am perfectly happy being 'The Rebel Blogger' for right now!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So, since I got that off my chest, I am going to share one of my other loves.... 

Baking!


My sweet tooth goes into overtime at the sight of fresh baked goodies!


I so appreciate and savor every bite of a good cookie. This lemony cookie puts a delicious twist on basic cake mix.

As much as I love making homemade cookies from scratch, this is my ultimate go-to, easiest lemon cookie recipe.They are super fast to throw together, and quick to bake! 


Tom's favorite flavor is chocolate, so for the holidays I had been baking with chocolate quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely am in love with chocolate too!

But since the sun has been sparse lately, I felt we needed to add a little sunshine to brighten our cold and dreary days.
Oh my gosh...these cookies really shine with their vibrant presence and aroma. They remind me of summertime, light and refreshing.

Sweet joy...I am in heaven!!  



Lemon Crinkle Cookie Recipe


These cookies definitely satisfy the sweet tooth in me. Just the perfect touch of sweetness when I get to craving lemony desserts. 
They have a soft interior texture and a slightly crisp exterior, similar to that of a snicker doodle.
These cookies are so tasty, I actually inhaled 4 cookies before they had the chance to cool completely! I am blown away by their texture and zesty flavor! 




EASY CRINKLE LEMON COOKIES 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees C ). 
Yields approximately 36 cookies

INGREDIENTS:


      1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix

      2 eggs
      1/3 cup canola oil
      1 teaspoon lemon extract
      1/3 cup confections' sugar 

DIRECTIONS: 

  1. Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended.
  2. Form dough into 1 inch balls.
  3. Roll the balls into the confectioners' sugar then place 2 inches apart on sheet pans.
  4. Bake for 6 to 9 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies just begin to turn a light golden. 
  5. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack.

Why not give them a try!

I guarantee they won't last long in your home  :-)

Enjoy!!


Till next time...

TTFN !




aka, The Rebel Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cindy's Paper Creation Popular Posts That Might Interest You