Thursday, September 11, 2014

Hi! This Is Me

Hello everyone and welcome!

First thing first before I get to my creation... 

I am so excited to have some brand new and talented crafty followers!

There is a kind, thoughtful and amazingly artistic lady that made it possible and her name is 
Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith @ Inky Dinky Doodle!

It all started by her commenting on Google+ on one of my creations that I shared. 
We started conversing and a day later the next thing I see is her mentioning me to a Google+ community called Kraafters Kommunity
Well, that started the ball rolling and those gals at Kraafter's Kommunity welcomed me with open arms!

This 'comfort zone' I am in is prohibiting my blog and especially my creations from getting any recognition and Zsuzsa saw that right away.
I have said this in the past, I over critique everything, my blog, my creations.... everything!
My 'comfort zone' is actually inhibiting me in more ways than one. Which I am working on changing.

Needless to say, I am so thankful to Zsuzsa's intuition {or what ever it was}.
Because of her much needed 'little nudge', I joined a group of awesome kraafters!! 

Golly gee, I am feeling truly blessed!


Now with all that being said, on to my creation.

There are so many wonderful and talented scrapbookers out there that have created layouts about themselves.

In spite of that...
The thought of me creating a scrapbook page just about me was out of the question, till now.
And the thought of journaling with my own hand writing onto a scrapbook page was out of the question also, till now.

And, for those of you that are new to me, here is a little FYI... 
I have always loathed getting my photo taken. 
Here is evidence from when I was an infant!

Today I fuss even more so since I had a muscle strap in my neck removed because of the cancer. 
Talk about a double chin, now I have chicken wattles! LOL

So I used the last decent photo I own of me {which of course I don't own many}, taken while on vacation in Yellowstone National Park. 

I was not looking at my husband but I did have a smile for him and the magnificent beauty surrounding me. 







I consider this a CAS layout, even though it has a variety of color and patterns, but there is not a whole lot of layers and the only dimension is the buttons.

I am kinda fond of pattern paper, I have quite a bit of it. 
I can not resist a good deal on patterned paper!
Mind you though, I am not a hoarder! 
No siree!

Supplies used:
Crate Paper ~ Paper Heart 12x12 patterned paper pad
Fiskars ~ Antique Elegance circle border punch
We R Memory Keepers ~ baker's twine
DIY Thickers Alphabet ~ Ali mistable fabric stickers
Stampers Anonymous ~ Wendy Vecchi sentiment stamp
Basic Grey ~ Hello date stamp


Well, maybe, just maybe, someday I will not be such a fuss button about getting my picture taken.

Hey I am doing this one step at a time! 



Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to take the time to create your life!

TTFN!
x's & o's
aka The Rebel Blogger

14 comments:

  1. yep, that is you for sure. Hair is different but definitely you!! You definitely need to look at the camera and just remember, pictures create memories and your grandkids and kids will want to have pictures to look at when we get old and pass on...food for thought <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scrapbook page!!! I think you are beautiful in that photo! I am so happy to be getting to know you. hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty.
      I am glad we have crossed paths too.

      Delete
  3. Oh, Cindy, I don't know what to say! I'm truly humbled by your post. You're such an awesome lady and a hugely talented crafter! You really need to start giving yourself some credit! I'm glad to see that you've taken the first step by joining our community. Your BFF is right - by scrapbooking yourself, you're creating priceless memories for future generations. It's a lovely layout and I enjoyed learning more about you! And just so you know: I hate my photos too and Photoshop the heck out of them before making any of them public (I know it's cheating and probably vain too!) and I don't think I've ever created anything with my handwriting on display, other than decorative lettering perhaps. So, I struggle with very much he same inhibitions! You have now inspired me to come out of MY comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hummm....I just realized something Zsuzsa, we helped each other and have unknowingly become artsy therapists of some sort!!
      Thank you, thank you, thank you!


      Delete
    2. That is so true! Sometimes all we need is a nudge in the right direction.

      Delete
    3. We probably need that nudge more often than we think!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the wonderful plug about our kraafters kommunity! !! We are so happy you share your journey with us. The one item I love the most about your "selfie" IS your hand written notes. To see your "hand" is a true treasure. When I run across items of my ancestors, the one thing I find the most striking, the most endearing, is their hand written notes... it becomes more personal. Love your "selfie"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your awesome insight about my handwriting. You are so right on, I have always loved looking/reading my mother's handwriting in her scrapbooks!
      Thank you for bringing light something so important to me.
      I am finding that 'comfort zone' was not necessarily a good place after all!

      Delete
  5. Cindy the page layout is wonderful! My oldest son Jacob hated to have his pic taken as well until he fell in love with an artist/photographer! Now he just smiles and lets us take the pics cuz now he's out numbered, ha, ha, ha. I really love the handwritten part as well. Not only does it tell more about you. Your likes, dislikes, etc. but it just seems more personal & from the heart when it's written by you. My mom was from Germany and was extremely self conscious about her handwriting. She always claimed that she had terrible handwriting and loved that my sister and I had such nice handwriting but I thought her handwriting was really cool. It was very scrolly and different from how we were taught to write. Anyway, I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to share some of you with the world. You seem like and extremely nice and genuine person so make sure you leave some of that behind when you leave this planet. Our younger generations need to know they didn't sprout from seeds, LOL!!!
    Big Hugs!
    Reeah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reeah for your loving and kind comment!
      I can bet your mother's handwriting is something special, scrolls and all!,
      The little things can mean so much...

      Delete
  6. Wonderful layout Cindy, fun papers, picture and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Cindy's Paper Creation Popular Posts That Might Interest You